ENJOY


MusicPlaylist
Music Playlist at MixPod.com

O Holy Night
God's Angels guided me through

brightening darkness; removing obstacles

to have seen me thus far

Secrets of the woods become secrets no more

For God has commanded me to share my experience

with those whom trust and don't

as the encounter would witness and stand

and show the greatness of our mighty Lord

God bless



*God's child*
*Koh Tiongwei*.
9-teen
24th February 1991
Christian


*Foot-track*

-All Saints (English Congregation) -Gongshang Primary 1.8, 2.8, 3.7, 4.7, 5.7, 6.7
-Ngee Ann Secondary 1e4, 2r4, 3r1,4r1
-TJC House Committee 16th ALPHA
-Anglican Diocese Youth Board Project Serve 2010

Loves
*♥Jesus♥ *
♥Fantastic Five
♥Caricatures
♥Alpha House Committee
♥Soothing music
♥Nature wonders
♥Outdoors
♥Traveling
♥Football[EPL]
♥Fascinating Facts
♥Cool Surprises
♥Cartoons [Pixar and Disney]


Dislikes
Jesus said,"Love your enemy."


Wishlist
*fallen star *
~Bicycle
~Backpack
~Tee
~Shades
~Laptop*
~Watch
~Happiness*



Tagboard





Old Stories
At some point of time, this may seem like a weird ...
Many a time, I really hope that I might have had m...
Song of the day: Celebrate Jesus celebrate Celeb...
SAILING THROUGH THE FOG UNCERTAINTY AND FEAR PREVA...
Once again, it's been a long while since the last ...
This will be a pretty short post, but I definitely...
It has been really long since I last posted an ent...
I've been so looking forward to this day, and I am...
Think about His love, think about His goodness Th...
Hello everybody! I guess that pretty much round up...





Past Grace
[Archives]
August 2007
October 2007
November 2007
December 2007
January 2008
February 2008
March 2008
April 2008
May 2008
June 2008
July 2008
August 2008
September 2008
October 2008
November 2008
December 2008
January 2009
February 2009
March 2009
April 2009
May 2009
June 2009
July 2009
August 2009
September 2009
October 2009
November 2009
December 2009
January 2010
February 2010
March 2010
April 2010
May 2010
June 2010
August 2010
November 2010
December 2010
January 2011
February 2011





Fellowship

Poiema
Ariel[p]
Charmaine[p]
Daphne[p]
DeQi[p]
Jeremy[p]
Jia En[p]
Jocylyn[p]
JoelPixel Icons at Ego Box
Jolyn

Serve 2010
Esther
Shaylen
Vanessa

House Committee
Calvin
CrystalPixel Icons at Ego Box
FangXiongPixel Icons at Ego Box
Hanle
Helena
KrystalPixel Icons at Ego Box
Lwin
MatPixel Icons at Ego Box
MeiYi
Nicholas Lau
PhayKeyPixel Icons at Ego Box
Sharron
ShiYanPixel Icons at Ego Box
Teck Kian
TeresaPixel Icons at Ego Box

Others
BaohuiPixel Icons at Ego Box
EeWen
Hui Yan
KC
Ping
Roy
WeiYi
XiaoHui

Pixel Icons at Ego Box=Love
Pixel Icons at Ego Box=F.F
[p]=poiemian
Pixel Icons at Ego Box=Alpha HC comrades





Praise the Lord









Saturday, November 27, 2010

For 3 weeks, we've been talking about temptation during our cell, yet the real kick only set in when we were thrown into genuine situation. In reality, temptation has always been one of the more sensitive, yet most talked about topic in churches. In fact,when Gerry first came, that was one of the biggest concern in my old cell when we had the phone-calling system to ensure accountability.
Poof, almost a year has gone by. I have moved on to the NS cell (I still miss my old cell a lot though), but what has plagued humanity for God-knows-how-many-donkey-years continue to be an issue today. Temptation, something we (all) have to face as long as we reside on this alien planet; something we have to run away from as long as we keep a conscientious mind; something we have to be convinced that our Almighty Heavenly Father has complete power over; something we have to constantly put on the Armour of God to defend against. With regards to that, I am pleased with how Philip Yancey had conveyed such message in his book, Reaching for the Invisible God- there is no point putting up a front in the public acting all righteous and Holy, but rather adopt humility and proclaim His goodness by giving Him thanks and praises for the Grace He has shown. Once again, it is by His grace, not our merits.
From a lackluster agreement, we proceeded on with the "plan". The turnout was surprising I must say, but what lied ahead held an even greater surprise. The pub/lounge/bar that we went to turned out to be an enclosed dark place. Filipino ladies who were there to make a living got all touchy and physical. Apparently, there were some, whom by God's grace, preserved their sensitivity towards the wrongs in the world and became all uncomfortable, and even angry. I, on the other hand, was a lot more neutral. Neutral in the sense that I didn't mind (probably would not have reacted if I had come with my non-Christian friends, which is why I'm million-tons-grateful that I dedicated my first and hopefully only experience in such a place.). Temptation plays with our human nature- that immediate sense of satisfaction (through compliments, through physicality, through pride). I thank God for that session with my cell- praying to be covered with the blood of Christ and for God's presence to go with us, and then thanking God for the protection He has provided. (Sidetracking a little, Jason said dozing off is my Standard Operation Procedure to do well in tests, but I seriously think such practice should be the SOP to pleasing God-basically getting Him involved in every aspect in our lives.)
The 3 lessons learnt today was 1. to be disciplined in obedience, 2. to put on the Armor of God all the time, 3. temptation. The first-hand experience was genuine and literally set me thinking about many many issues- an aftermath.
About how I should be spending wisely for Godly purposes; about how seeing things from His perspective really feels. For a moment, I felt sorry for the ladies, leading me to realise the grave need to pray for the unsaved ones.
(If those girls were your closed ones, if they were your loved ones, if they were your mother, sisters or even daughters, how would you feel? That was probably 1/1000000000000000 times of how our Father might have felt.)
"Biggest encouragement:
"that's why I don't hang out much. When I was your age, my friends were literally either my colleagues or my church friends.
If that is what it means to be different for a Godly purpose, I would gladly adopt that.

Posted by Judah at 11/27/2010 07:57:00 AM